Sunday, November 22, 2009

meh

i talked to row tonight and he sent me some of his poems. they were all pretty depressing but i enjoyed them nonetheless. it made me want to write but i was unsure what to write about. our conversation ended with him saying "cheers" instead of goodnight and then i thought of this:

to memories and experiences, happy and sad
to loves in my life i'll have and have had
i raise my glass high in the air
a night like tonight, for me, is not rare
a night full of laughter and unspeakable feelings
a night full of sobs and detestable reelings
it isn't filled with family and friends
it's merely to reflect and so often it mends
i down the shot mixed of whiskey and rum
and let the foul taste burn my throat and my toungue
i'll fall asleep alone tonight
and in the morning let bitter loneliness bite
maybe tomorrow i'll do this again
in fact i know my demons will win
ill come home from work and feel like shit
then decide to see how drunk i can get
the temporary relief is just enough
to keep me going when life gets rough
cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment